Suicide, suicidal feelings and working in schools
Content warning: this entire resource discusses self-harm and has some mention of suicidal thoughts.
If it feels daunting to talk about suicide, you’re worried about a colleague or you are wondering how to create a safe school culture where suicide can be discussed without fear or stigma, this resource is for you.
It provides information on:
- What is suicide and what are suicidal feelings?
- Why this is important for schools
- What to do if you feel suicidal
- How to get immediate support
- Supporting a colleague
- Advice for Line Managers on having conversations about suicide
- Advice for School Leaders on creating a school culture that supports open conversations about suicide
- Source of support
You may find some of the content in this resource difficult to read. If you can, try to find a safe time and space to consider the contents.